Check the other health benifits of zucchni here.. http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/benefits-of-zucchini-1313.html
garlic -4 cloves
tamarind -lemon size
salt to taste
- Wash zucchini and cut the zucchini into medium size cubes and soak tamarind in water.
- Take a pan ,heat oil and put whole gren chillies and fry for 2 min and remove chillies from the pan and then add zucchini pieces into it and fry the pieces till they are completely cooked, in between add turmeric powder too(Usually no need to put a lid on pan becoz the zucchini itself oozes lots of water,if you wish you can keep the lid for sometime) but don't cook it too much becoz it will become mushy.
- In the mean time cut garlic into small pieces and take a mixie jar and put cumin seeds, chopped garlic,fried green chilles and just tamarind( without adding water) and grind all these for a min then add cooked zucchini pieces to it and grind it for 1 or 2 min.Take this chutney into a bowl.
- Do talimpu/tadaka and pour that into chutney.You can also put cilantro/coriander leaves for garnishing.Enjoy the chutney with rice /chapathi's.
2. Test a zucchini before use by tasting a small bite. If it is bitter, do not use.
3.The smaller and younger fruits (1”-8”) offer a truer zucchini taste experience. Larger squash acquire a bitter taste along with tough seeds that should be scooped out.